Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Stream of Consciousness

Character: Kyle Hilderbrand


I walk in to see a whole bunch of middle schoolers tapping away at computers. We don’t have computers down in Goshen, I think to myself, and we’re high-schoolers. Hanging from the ceiling I see several paintings, most of which look like they were painted with something other than paint. I also see a net hanging, with several fish and turtles and other thing hanging off the net. Strange.


It took me a while to find the teacher. He was sitting behind a podium typing away as well. He reminds me of Mr. G back at Goshen; just for some reason that I can’t place my finger on. The only difference between him and the rest of his students was the computer he was typing on, and the fact that he was much older than the rest of the people in the room. But it was almost like no one noticed me, like I wasn’t there.

The teacher called time up, and they all finally saw me, and I feel awkward. I think I was better off when no one paid attention to anything around them. I gulp. As the teacher talks, apparently to me, I don’t hear him, and I start to walk away. I walk out the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As far as commenting goes, be appropriate (as this is a School Blog), and make sure your posts aren't simply there just to take up space.